Section 61 requests

Section 61 requests


A Section 61 request may be needed where you remain in New Zealand after your visa expires or is declined. If that is the case, you are liable for deportation and no longer have lawful status in New Zealand. Your options are to leave New Zealand and re-apply off-shore in a country you are granted entrance to (this reinstates your legal status) or make a Section 61 request based on your special circumstances.

It is very important to understand that a Section 61 submission to Immigration New Zealand (“INZ”) is a request and not a visa application.

We are here to:
o Brainstorm with you as to whether a Section 61 request is appropriate.
o Prepare and submit your Section 61 request to INZ.
o Liaise directly with INZ on your behalf.
o Listen and Care. For us, this is an integral part of the process.

Let's chat